Members help us recognize preservation success.
Nominations for the 2020 Connecticut Preservation Awards and the Mimi Findlay Award for Young Preservationists are now open!
You may submit nominations by 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 6, 2020, either: (a) online using the form below, or (b) in hard copy – click here to download the form and instructions for hard copy submissions. Awards will be presented May 6, 2020, at the New Haven Country Club in Hamden. For assistance, call Christopher Wigren at (203) 562-6312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Eligibility Criteria
Any individual, organization or project involving historic preservation is eligible to receive an award. Renovation or rehabilitation projects must have been completed since January 1, 2014.
Nominations may be made without the knowledge of the nominee. Nominations must be made by members of Preservation Connecticut.
Trustees and staff of Preservation Connecticut are not eligible for Connecticut Preservation Awards during their terms of service or employment or for activities carried out during those times.
Connecticut Preservation Awards Criteria
Connecticut Preservation Awards honor outstanding efforts in the preservation and enhancement of historic places throughout Connecticut, with the goal of inspiring others to take similar action. Click here for prior winners of Connecticut Preservation Awards!
Connecticut Preservation Awards recognize such things as:
- outstanding efforts in the restoration, maintenance, preservation or adaptive use of historic places, including buildings, structures, interiors, complexes, neighborhoods, and landscapes
- long-term, consistent stewardship and maintenance of historic places
- creativity in adapting or reusing historic places for present-day life
- individuals or organizations that have demonstrated effective leadership in community, regional, or statewide preservation efforts
Of special interest are projects that:
- bring new life to distressed communities
- make communities or neighborhoods more sustainable—environmentally, economically, or socially
- bring new and different perspectives to historic preservation
- illustrate the saying, Preservation is for People
Connecticut Preservation Awards are presented to:
- commercial firms or nonprofit organizations
- public and private property owners
- municipalities or other governmental bodies
Mimi Findlay Award for Young Preservationists Criteria
The Mimi Findlay Award for Young Preservationists recognizes:
- individuals age 35 or younger, or groups whose members are 35 or younger;
- who have demonstrated interest, involvement, and achievement or potential achievement in the restoration, maintenance, preservation or adaptive use of historic buildings, structures, complexes, neighborhoods, communities, and cultural landscapes or landscape features in Connecticut
Please fill out this form for online nomination for a Preservation Connecticut Award: